underwriting case manager
The President and CEO is currently seeking a proactive and highly organized project manager to direct the underwriting process for new and existing business for the Company.
This Underwriting Case Manager will be an integral player in closing revenue for the Company, responsible for gathering, analyzing and submitting required documents in a timely manner. This person must have a sense of urgency, professionalism and eloquence and must have a "do what it takes" mentality when it comes to client service. The Underwriting team is responsible for providing the knowledge and resources to those sources to deliver an outstanding experience for our clients and partners.
We are seeking a self-starter who is passionate and energized about project management, client service and iterating on processes to create efficiencies. This person will oversee multiple cases at once and must be able to juggle many plates in a fastidious manner. This is a fast-moving organization and at times, results in stressful scenarios with temporal and financial consequences. This individual must be anticipatory and must have “thick skin”.
This person will have immense opportunity to expand their role within the company based on their ability to manage the many activities and initiatives, speed at which they learn and level of performance of their duties. The Gottlieb Organization is launching into a phase of expansion and this individual will be a part of the initial stages.
The Underwriting team is responsible for processing, analyzing and submitting all requisite documents for our clients’ insurance carrier applications in order to purchase large and complex life insurance policies. The role requires daily interaction with the CEO, national affiliates and internal teams to understand the case objectives + updates, meticulous collection of documents all while strengthening relationships with clients, medical offices, affiliates, and institutional partners.
- Learn the lines of TGO business and the TGO proprietary strategies, including but not limited to individual wealth financial planning, estate and tax planning, life insurance, risk management and asset management
- Frequently interface with CEO and internal teams to track development of new business. Learn each client’s objectives and proposed case strategies. Stay up to date on prospective client meetings and keep detailed notes in database.
- Familiarize and stay updated with the insurance carrier application requirements. For abnormal cases, obtain and document new processes for TGO records.
- Guide the Client through the carrier underwriting process in a timely and professional manner reflective of TGO values.
- Review and analyze all client information to ensure accuracy and prevent issues from arising
- Collect and organize all information relevant to carrier underwriting process, including obtaining confidential information from internal teams, clients, affiliates and medical offices.
- Stay in constant communication with CEO, internal teams, affiliates and relevant third parties on status of current caseload.
- Maintain meticulous files, timelines and protocol
- Assemble and present final client package upon case completion
- Brief internal teams on the case; act as the ‘go to’ for all questions relating to the client, their background, objectives and case design
- As mentioned in this description, this person will be a part of initial stages of high growth for TGO; therefore, they will be expected to be in constant analysis of our processes and procedures, focusing on the quantifiable measurements of improvements.
- Not typical 9-5 job – either in orientation nor with time expectations. This individual is expected to arrive each day and be ready to work between 7:30-8:00am and generally depart between 6:00-7:00pm each day. Some days may be longer, some days will be shorter. At times, there will be extended hours or meetings on weekends as CEO often travels and needs time to catch up with his team.
- All duties not listed in this description
- Always asks questions - unafraid to show "I don't know"
- 3+ years of heavy project management experience within a team setting, managing multiple projects at once with various timelines
- 2+ years of daily interaction with high net worth or high-level individuals
- 2+ years of working with project management software, CRMs, and data warehouses
- Proven success with adhering to and improving upon process timelines
- Experience dealing with confidential information
- Clean data and diligent record keeping are incredibly important to you
- Knowledge of underwriting, compliance, insurance or financial planning a plus
- Bachelor's degree required, preferred fields in the areas of Business, Finance, Project Management or similar
- Able to function without significant structure but able to create structure
- Flourishes when tasked with cyclical work – always able to improve processes and set difficult goals
- Mastery of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Office 365)
- Excellent verbal and written skills with superior grammar and attention to detail
- Unmatched drive to complete a project: motivated to follow up and follow through
- Detail oriented and intensely organized
- Can be excited about walking into a high-stress and fast-paced environment every day (a MUST)
- Cannot take criticism personally and highly coachable
- Able to take on multiple adhoc projects at once with tight timelines
- Incredible note taker, record keeper with meticulous attention to data and filing
- Fantastic health, dental and vision plan
- 401k match
- Paid garage parking
- Catered lunches at least once per week
- Work hard, play hard culture
Apply with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing two of the following questions:
- How do you set and manage expectations?
- How have you taken a role and made it your own?
- Describe the most complex cycle you’ve ever improved.
- You’ve been assigned a short term project that requires other departments to complete it. How do you accomplish this project?
- What stresses you out in a workplace? How do you handle it?
- What added value do you bring to an office?