- Executive compensation
- Taxation (corporate and individual)
- Estate planning
- Corporate law
- ESOP repurchase liabilities
- Captive insurance
- Tulane University, New Orleans, LA – B.A.
- University of Missouri Law School, Columbia, MO – J.D.
- Washington University, St. Louis, MO – LL.M. in taxation
- President & CEO, Summit Alliance Executive Benefits
- Senior vice president and national director of strategic development, Clark Consulting
- President and chief executive officer, producer group, First Financial Resources
- Senior tax partner and chairman of the tax and estate planning, Husch & Eppenberger, LLC, (now Husch Blackwell LLP)
- Developed major sales alliances with large investment banks and wire houses
- Created marketing concepts and materials for Fortune 50 insurance company.
- Designed and implemented executive compensation programs for Fortune 100 corporations
- Completed stock buyout of shareholder group in $1 billion privately held company
Latest awards & rankings
Biography has been listed in Who’s Who in America, Who’s Who in American Law, Who’s in the West, Who’s Who in the World and Best Lawyers in America.
Journal of Financial Service Professionals Kenneth Black, Jr. Journal Author Award
- American Law Institute (Life Member)
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation (Life Fellow)
- Fellow of the American College of Employee Benefits Counsel
- Fellow of the American College of Tax Counsel
- Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Member of the Association for Advanced Life Underwriting where he served a three year term on its Board of Directors.
- It is believed that he is the only lawyer in the United States who has been elected to all five organizations.
- Member of the Missouri Bar association
- Member of the American Bar Association
Latest articles and events
- Co-author and editor of the ABA Insurance Counselor book Taxation and Funding of Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation: A Complete Guide to Design and Implementation
- Co-author BNA Tax Management Estate Planning for the Corporate Executive
- Author of over 30 articles on subject matter expertise
- Presented over 200 lectures at numerous national institutes
- Cover story in Employee Benefit Adviser magazine
Mike Goldstein, executive vice president of Managed Insurance Strategies, LLC, an affiliate of The Gottlieb Organization, has over 42 years of experience in the legal profession as well as the life insurance and retirement planning industry and is a national authority on executive compensation, taxation, estate planning and corporate law.
A popular lecturer and speaker, Mike has addressed audiences at hundreds of national conferences and educational institutions. He is the co-author and editor of the ABA Insurance Counselor book Taxation and Funding of Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation: A Complete Guide to Design and Implementation as well as several other books including BNA Tax Management Estate Planning for the Corporate Executive and numerous articles on the topics of law and finance.
Mike previously was president and chief executive officer at Summit Alliance Executive Benefits, LLC and senior vice president and national director of strategic development for Clark Consulting. He also served as president and chief executive officer of the producer group at First Financial Resources as well as a senior tax partner with the St. Louis office of Husch & Eppenberger, LLC (now Husch Blackwell LLP), where he was chairman of the firm’s tax and estate planning practice group and its advanced life underwriting law practice group. In addition, he is a former adjunct professor of taxation in Washington University School of Law’s graduate tax program.
Mike is a life member of the American Law Institute, a fellow of the American Bar Foundation, American College of Employee Benefits Counsel, American College of Tax Counsel and the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel, and a member of the Association for Advanced Life Underwriting, where he served a three-year term on its Board of Directors. He earned his B.A. from Tulane University, his J.D. from the University of Missouri Law School and an LL.M. in taxation from Washington University.