The President and CEO is currently seeking a highly proactive and intensely organized individual to join the TGO Lending team to guide new and existing business for the Company. This person will be an integral player in closing revenue for the business, developing and growing relationships with our lenders and providing an unsurpassable client experience.
We are seeking a self-starter who is passionate and energized about project management, client service and iterating on processes to create efficiencies. This person will oversee multiple cases at once so they will need juggle many plates in a fastidious manner. This is a fast moving organization and at times, results in stressful scenarios with temporal and financial consequences. This individual must be anticipatory and must have “thick skin”.
This person will have immense opportunity to expand their role within the company based on their ability to manage the many activities and initiatives, speed at which they learn and level of performance of their duties. The Gottlieb Organization is launching into a phase of expansion and this individual will be a part of the initial stages.
TGO Lending is responsible for processing, analyzing and administering all requisite documents/loan applications for the purposes of borrowing money to fund large annual life insurance premiums. This person will manage and submit new business, renewals and transfers of loans while strengthening relationships with institutions, affiliates, and clients.
- Learn the lines of TGO business and the TGO proprietary strategies, including but not limited to individual wealth financial planning, estate and tax planning, life insurance, risk management, asset management and more
- Manage anything related to loans and lending with TGO and clients, institutions, affiliates and the TGO team
- Interface daily with CEO and internal teams to track development of new business. Learn each client’s objectives and proposed case strategies. Stay up to date on prospective client meetings and keep meticulous notes in database.
- Familiarize and stay up to date with lender requirements for new business, renewals and payoffs
- Collecting and organizing loan supporting documentation for new business and renewal process. This involves communicating with internal teams, clients, affiliates and lenders
- Guide the Client through the loan underwriting process in a timely and professional manner reflective of TGO values
- Produce loan package for lender: letter of explanation, confidential information and data analytics
- Review and analyze loan documentation to ensure accuracy and prevent issues from arising. Follow up with lender to ensure its completion. Communicate with internal teams the necessary information for implementation.
- Stay in constant communication with CEO, internal teams, affiliates and relevant third parties on status of current caseload
- Maintain meticulous files, timelines and protocol
- As mentioned in this description, this person will be a part of initial stages of high growth for TGO; therefore, they will be expected to be in constant analysis of our processes and procedures, focusing on the quantifiable measurements of improvements.
- Not typical 9-5 job – either in orientation nor with time expectations. This individual is expected to arrive each day and be ready to work between 8:00-8:30am and generally depart between 6:00-7:30pm each day. Some days may be longer, some days will be shorter. At times, there will be extended hours or meetings on weekends as CEO often travels and needs time to catch up with his team.
- All duties not listed in this description
- Always asks questions - unafraid to show "I don't know"
- Bachelor's degree required, preferred fields in the areas of Business or Finance
- Sense of urgency with patience and focus
- 2+ years of heavy project management experience within a team setting, managing multiple projects at once with various timelines
- Knowledge of loan processes, insurance, premium finance, investment management and financial instruments + planning
- 2+ years of daily interaction with high net worth or high level individuals
- Proven success with adhering to and improving upon process timelines
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment that is extremely stressful at times
- Experience dealing with confidential information
- Able to function without significant structure but able to create structure
- Flourishes when tasked with cyclical work – always able to improve processes and set difficult goals
- Excellent verbal and written skills with superior grammar and attention to detail
- Superior drive to complete a project: motivated to follow up and follow through
- Detail-oriented and intensely organized; excellent record keeping and note taking abilities
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Can be excited about walking into a high-stress and fast-paced environment every day (a MUST)
- Cannot take criticism personally and highly coachable
- Fantastic health, dental and vision plan
- 401k match
- Paid garage parking
- Catered lunches
- Work hard, play hard culture
Apply with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing two of the following questions:
- How do you set and manage expectations?
- How have you taken a role and made it your own?
- Describe the most complex cycle you’ve ever improved.
- You’ve been assigned a short term project that requires other departments to complete it. How do you accomplish this project?
- What stresses you out in a workplace? How do you handle it?
- What added value do you bring to an office?