We are currently looking for a full-time Operations professional in our Life Insurance division who has extensive experience managing all operational aspects of a life insurance agency. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer of our Company.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a fast paced, multi-faceted environment and who has the ability to shift quickly between unrelated tasks. The candidate should be able and willing to work on an operational level and train current and new staff members. We are looking for someone who “does” rather than “delegates” and who leads by example. Willingness to accept responsibility and the ability to work independently are critical. Our company offers bespoke services and as such we do not work on “cases” but assist “relationships”. Other important attributes are: great listening skills, being a quick study, being a team player, possess integrity and look and act professional at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Active involvement in processing of large life insurance applications with various life insurance companies.
- Clear understanding of life insurance carriers’ application processes and data requirements.
- Effective transaction coordination with internal and external business generators.
- Update process and procedures manuals.
- Contribute to and train staff in running reiterative illustrations to arrive at best policy funding strategies.
- Demonstrative intimate knowledge of policy constructs with different life insurance companies, both for individual policies and group policies..
- Coordinate work flow processes with the company’s lending unit.
- Organize work processes for both new business as well as policy renewals.
- Liaise pertinent data information with the company’s Financial Control / Accounting department.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of operations experience in a life insurance agency.
- Passionate, forward-thinking individual with the ability to act preemptively.
- Tenacity to accomplish tasks with follow-through to meet deadlines.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, life insurance illustration systems).
- Proven track record in managing life insurance operational units.
Competitive compensation package that includes an attractive base salary and bonus incentives based on individual performance. In addition, the company offers a complete and broad benefits package.