We are currently looking for a full-time Accountant / Financial Controller within our Financial Control Department. The Financial Controller will assume responsibility for our firm’s financial books and records and report directly to our Chief Operating Officer.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a fast paced, multi-faceted environment and who has the ability to shift quickly between unrelated tasks. The candidate should be well organized and extremely detail oriented. Extensive experience with QuickBooks is a must, as is relevant experience working within a dynamic, fast-growing small to medium size company where the emphasis is on personal accountability and responsibility. The right candidate is able to work independently and is an analytical thinker. It goes without saying that intimate knowledge of GAAP and FASB rules is essential. Other important attributes are: great listening skills, being a quick study, willingness to ask questions, being a team player, possess integrity and look and act professional at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain the financial books and records.
- Provide management reporting to the CEO and COO.
- Update manuals, processes and procedures to ensure operational efficiency.
- Define in coordination with the CEO and COO budget guidelines for the company’s Divisions, prepare budget packages and participate in budget meetings with the Division Leaders.
- Monitor Division performance vis-à-vis budget and prepare performance reports for the CEO and COO.
- Coordinate the firm’s cash management.
- Structure and maintain impeccable filing system for easy access to data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with no less than 10 years of relevant experience.
- Several years of managerial experience or demonstrable ability to work independently.
- Multiple years of experience working with QuickBooks
- Tenacity to accomplish tasks with follow-through to meet deadlines
- Passionate, forward-thinking individual with the ability to act preemptive
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) and technical savvy
- Work experience in finance, wealth management, life insurance a plus
Competitive compensation package that includes an attractive base salary and bonus incentives based on individual performance. In addition, the company offers a complete and broad benefits package.